Sunday, May 22, 2011

Freshpectations

week 1, May 22, 2011 GBE2 hosted by the lovely and talented Elizabeth Grace.






This weeks topic; Expectations



· Self




Self expectations can be way too limiting. I expected to pass high school for example, and it took me another 25 years to get a college degree. I expect to be able to keep the job I got, or finish a class i started, and when things go south, i beat the hell outta myself. Tricky and limiting, these self expectations. At least i’m not a perfectionist. To line up your expectations and your self image is tricky. You want to always grow and also to accept yourself. those conflict to me.







· Others

I expect people not to hit me, and that’s about it. lol I guess i expect respect unless i've wronged you which hey, i'm not perfect, maybe in a past life or who knows. I know when you surpass when others expect of you, it often irritates the crud out of them. Which is fun. this happened when i lost almost all my fat. This irritated everyone around me. That bugged me but I won't let it next time. Same thing with making money. I made a ton breifly and oh, were my friends green. That was kind of shocking. lol next time, i'm going to hide it & play poor.












·











(get it? the tall poppy must be cut down to size)






  • Desire
expectations would be named desires in eastern philosophy. Desires are the source of human pain and disappointment. That’s kind of a negative view of desire, tho; I like to harness desire and utilize it. Don't want what you can't have; don't overdose on desire.








· Anticipation

to me expectation links to anticipation. I revel in anticipation almost too much. The journey is just so enjoyable. I almost hate to arrive anywhere lol









· Not attaching to outcomes

the problems arise when we paint a picture of how it should work out, and any deviation from our script is a failure. Not good









I keep an open abundance of possibilities, and never cling to just one too hard.





· Hope

expectation is like hope, it’s like a kid at Christmas. Expecting Santa to bring the goods, eat the cookies, & it all comes true.









· Certainty

Tony Robbins (google him) favors the idea of
certainty. This is better than hope according to him, because it cuts out the
options you don’t want. The one you do want, go with that. It doesn’t seem very zen but it works for me. I expected, with certainty, I would get a job before my unemployment and everything ran out. It just works out best for me when I leave myself no other options. I still am not attached to the exact outcome, I applied for every make and manner of job. I just needed one by May. Boom. Like that.








32 comments:

  1. I love how you did this theme!! Now you have me thinking :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good write. Love it and Love YOU! But i suspect you expected this from me...*giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol all i see is a typo i can't fix. argh lol thanks tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Nice write

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right about anticipation so heightening the expectation that the outcome can hardly live up to its press. Glad I'm following you.

    Pam
    A Pirate Looks Past Sixty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way that you did this! I also hold that if we believe something to be true, it is often is!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice thoughts on expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Expectations are funny. I try not to have expectations anymore. I am similar to you in some ways. It's been 14 years that I have been plugging away at college. By the end of July, I will finally have my Associates in Communications. I was beginning to think I was a professional student.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your thought process. Hooking anticipation to expectation was great. Started the old thought wheels turning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, most expectations lead to disappointment, no matter how low they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What thoughtful writing, Kimi! Your pictures with the posts were such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, love. I really really enjoyed it : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are one smart cookie. Always have been, always will be. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was great!!
    Kathy
    http://www.thetruckerswife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice. Thanks for sharing. But, wait, did you get the job or what?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the philosophical way you put this whole topic together. Nice blog. Thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the images interspersed with the text. I love fresh coffee too, but so often end up writing while drinking instant :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Liked the outline and flow of the post! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT WRITE...SOSO sooso glad i found you again! omygosh HUGS to Kev again and everyone rounding us up again. I haven't stayed up this late to write and discover everyone since Myspace long long long ago...couple of expectations ago!! hehe
    MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog, the pics went really well with the text and I like your way of thinking.

    Really loved this line:
    The journey is just so enjoyable. I almost hate to arrive anywhere lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks everyone! I got my job, yes, mid April. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. "I know when you surpass when others expect of you, it often irritates the crud out of them. Which is fun."

    Hahaha, yes it is darn fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Expectation.....Anticipation....Certainty. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this quote:I keep an open abundance of possibilities, and never cling to just one too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have grown up hearing the phrase - " You get what you expect" so that thought process has definately molded my life thus far. Thanks for your thoughts and excited about your job.

    I have found... and perhaps its all about mental conditioning, that in the long run, we do get what we expect.

    Blessings!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes--I do expect others not to hit me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't stand Tony Robbins! LoL He seems to me to be a "goody goody better than you" type guy. And I expect should I ever meet him I'd want to smack him. But I also think I could curb the impulse and play nice. LoL

    ~chickee

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great write! Thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete